Kinectar is a toolkit which allows the use of Microsoft’s Kinect as a MIDI controller. It receives OSC from a skeleton tracker (either Synapse or OSCeleton), and lets the user scale and apply conditions to the position and speed values of the user’s hands.
Kinectar by Ethno Tekh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Scalable MIDI and OSC outputs
- 4 condition-based MIDI note output units (“instruments”)
- Rewire compatible
- MIDI controllable preset switching
- Global flag system
Download & Install
- Download and install Kinect drivers
- (Win) Download and install MIDI Yoke OR LoopBe
- Download and run either Synapse OR OSCeleton
- Run Kinectar
Kinectar 0.8.3b is currently the last version of Kinectar. It will not updated in its current form and will eventually become redundant due to its dependencies.
We are planning to release a solid, and professional framework in the future, however for the moment Kinectar is working, but no longer supported.